Ease In-Line Video Walk Through
Ease In-Line Instructions
NEW SPA START
- First, and your electrician will likely do this for you, is the bleeder plug. It will be in your side panel under the control board in a Ziplock bag. It must be plugged in to avoid water from leaking. If you have started filling and it is leaking, it means the bleeder plug is not in. Refer to photo.
- Refer to fill instructions below to continue.
INITIAL FILL OR REFILL
- Fill spa and begin heating process (typically spa will heat at about 3-4 degrees every hour, it may take a day or so to fully heat). While Spa is beginning to heat you can start adding your chemicals.
- First, locate your starter kit from @ease, refer to photo labeled A. Typically, it is in the side panel of the spa and your electrician should pull it out for you when he is installing it.
- Open box and remove the blue cartridge, the Mineral Cartridge (blue) should be set to #6 (twisting till 6 clicks) and the SmartChlor Cartridge (grey) to setting #2 (twisting till 2 clicks) and place the two cartridges into the @ease holder (see photo labeled B and C on other side of sheet) with the Minerals on top and the SmartChlor on the bottom.
- Place In-line system back in and screw top back on.
- In you @ease box, where you got the cartridges, you will find a packet labeled “jump Start”. Open this packet and pour all into spa. The jumpstart is a shock/ chlorinating Granules mixture. It is meant to sanitize and assist your chlorine levels while the cartridge starts to dispense chlorine.
- From the same box you will find some test strips, use a Test Strip to measure pH, Alkalinity and Total Hardness/Calcium levels and adjust as necessary. Refer to Test strip bottle instructions when testing.
- Some people may have “hard” water to begin with, this is fine. Just add an ounce at a time of calcium/Hardness increaser and wait 15 min. Then test again, continue process until spa is at correct level of hardness/calcium. Most people will not have hard water to begin with, so they will need to add 10 to 16 ounces (1/3 to 1/2 bottle) of Calcium/Hardness Increaser into water. The goal is to just add Calcium until Total Hardness is between 150 – 250 ppm
- Now you will focus on Alkalinity and Ph, the same rule follows as the Hardness increaser/ calcium. Some people have water that varies in ph. Just add an ounce at a time till water reaches ideal Ph and Alkalinity. Alkalinity is a measure of ph stability. Which means alkalinity increaser and ph increaser will both raise both alkalinity and ph. Amount varies by location – add pH Up or pH Down until the pH level is between 7.2 to 7.8 and the Alkalinity level is between 80 and 120 ppm. Ph Up or Alkalinity Increaser will raise the alkalinity and the ph. Ph down will lower both.
- Once all this is complete and your spa is heated, it will be ready to use!
- Next day: The following day you may find your levels are low again and that you need to add more chemicals, this is completely normal, it may fluctuate as it tries to stabilize just add accordingly and enjoy!
- Add 2 ounces (capfuls) of Oxidizing Shock (or Renew /Replenish) and run jets with cover off for 15 minutes
- Use Test Strips to check SmartChlor (grey) level, Total Alkalinity and pH levels and adjust as necessary
Note: If SmartChlor (grey) level is low or zero add Oxidizing Shock and check the SmartChlor (grey) cartridge. If the SmartChlor (grey) cartridge is empty, replace it with a new one. If it is not empty, increase the setting of the SmartChlor(grey) cartridge to setting 4, 5 or 6 to increase the chlorine level in the water
Note: If the pH is too low add 2 to 3 ounces (capfuls) of pH Up to raise pH and Alkalinity
- Replace @ease SmartChlor(grey) Cartridge every 3 to 4 weeks and discard the empty cartridge
- Rinse and clean spa filters: Use a spray-on cleaner such as Instant Cartridge Clean or soak the filters in Filter Cleaner solution (Pleatco tabs). Rinse the filters thoroughly and soak again in fresh water to prevent foamy / sudsy water. Rinsing your filter once a month helps them to last longer.
- Clean the spa cover with a mild cleaner and condition and protect using 303 Aerospace Protectant, Simple green, or ArmorAll
- Drain and refill the spa water every 3 to 4 months (quarterly)
- Replace @ease Mineral Cartridge (Blue) every 4 months (replace whenever spa is drained and refilled with fresh water)
- Use JET CLEAN/SPA PURGE/SPA500 every 12 months to clean out internal plumbing, jets and heating system
- If water is cloudy and/or foamy: Add 1 ounce of Clarifier, add 2 capfuls of Replenish / Shock and clean filters
- Replace Filters Annually